We are looking for an experienced Product Development Technician to help us shape the future.
Based in Cornimont, as a Product Development Technician you will carry out technical studies related to customer needs, define the nomenclatures and ranges, and the instructions for the installation of the product. You will report directly to the Studies and Product Adaptation Engineer Engineer Studies, whilst being a part of our world class “Make It” career program.
What is the MAKE IT Program?
Our "Make It" Manufacturing program is unique. You'll be highly visible from day one, and along with a competitive salary package, customized to best suit your needs, you'll have the opportunity to partner, and learn from, a highly skilled mentor, as well as the chance to shape the future from day one in a challenging role at one of our largest facilities. Over 4 years, you'll expand your knowledge and develop your skills, as part of a comprehensive career program, designed to immerse you in the business from day one.
- Analysis of customer needs transmitted by the sales department including analysis of customer specifications/standards
- Design and develop technical solutions: conduct product adaptation studies, write product installation instructions, and identification and credibility files (documentary section defining the product)
- Make prototypes to check the technical and ergonomic aspects of installation
- Guarantee a very good knowledge of accessories installation in their specific environment
- Budget analysis of managed projects
- Creation of the data related to any new article, semi-finished and finished products in the information system (in SAP, article view, nomenclatures, ...)
- Is responsible for the start of the cost analysis (based on all costs data provided by other services).
- Check the consistency of the variable cost of production calculation, in relation to the service production and/or methods
- Assess and propose improvements to reduce the costs, in connection with product managers and/or the purchasing department
- Performs demonstrations with the customers if necessary
- Organize qualifications with the lab if necessary
- Follows and updates technical, economic, regulatory information...
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re are looking for a Product Development Technician, who is passionate about a technical career in a world leading Group. We are looking for the following skills and motivations:
- Good communication skills in order to ensure a strong and permanent coordination with R&D teams, and other departments (sales administration, commercial service, manufacturing teams, …).
- This position requires a good understanding of materials and components properties as well as analytical approach and curiosity.
- Softwares : Autocad, Solidworks, SAP
- Languages: French and English are mandatory. A third language would be a plus
- Experience and Education:
- Bac +3 degree (Licence Professionnelle in Industrial Design) or BTS in alternance
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position (Industrial Design).
Join us in our MAKE IT Team!
WHO WE ARE
We are Prysmian Group, leader in anticipating the world’s energy and communications needs. From energy and connectivity, to communications, we make life better for millions of people. We strongly believe our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we ensure constant investments ensuring our organizational needs match individual skills, capabilities and expectations.