We are looking for an experienced a Product Development Engineer to help us shape the future.
Based in PARON, as a Product Development Engineer you will ensure and guarantee the development and sustainability of special products for industrial and specialities (Special - OEM's) activities. You will provide technical support and expertise to Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing and QHSE departments, whilst being a part of our world class “Make It” career program.
What is the MAKE IT Program?
Under the responsibility of the South Europe Industrial & Specialties R&D Manager:
Ensure the design and development of new cables or manufacturing processes in terms of innovation:
- Design the product (cable/process) based on the guidelines considering deadlines and costs
- Ensure the products qualification by submitting them to official bodies or customers
- Control the manufacturing ranges before the launch of the production and ensure the industrialization of the products
- Ensure sustainability of the products by providing technical documentation (RC Construction Rules) and new industrial technologies (IT Technology Instructions) related to the product
Ensuring product sustainability by reducing costs: participate and contribute to the optimization of raw material costs, improve manufacturing processes and product re-design actions.
Increase knowledge and know-how by ensuring technological monitoring of products:
- Consult and analyze new technologies and competing patents
- Analyze competing cables in terms of mixes, design, cost and performance
- Ensure a normative and technical watch
Provide technical support and expertise to Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing and QHSE departments.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re are looking for a Product Development Engineer, who is passionate about a technical career in a world leading Group. We are looking for the following skills and motivations:
Degree in Engineering (technical field preferred)
Previous experience in similar role
Fluency in English, written and spoken
Knowledge in industrial environment is needed.
Flexibility and adaptability would be necessary to be at ease in the industrial environment.
Good communication, negotiation and teamwork skills are required as well as proactivity.
Experience and Education:
3-5 years experience in industrial environment is needed. A knowledge or a first experience in cable industry would be very appreciated.
Join us in our MAKE IT Team!
WHO WE ARE
We are Prysmian Group, leader in anticipating the world’s energy and communications needs. From energy and connectivity, to communications, we make life better for millions of people. We strongly believe our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we ensure constant investments ensuring our organizational needs match individual skills, capabilities and expectations.